incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Yoav Avrahami" <yo...@amdocs.com>
Subject Openning an XML to Java Mapping as Open Source
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 16:20:52 GMT
Hi all,

I have a project which I have written and I am the sole owner of rights
for which I think about opening as Open Source code.

The project itself is in a very mature state, and has some clear
advantages over all existing XML to Java mapping frameworks (both from
Apache and Sun - XmlBeans, Jaxb 2, etc.) which I will not go into here.
I am interested to know the process of opening such a project with
Apache.

The Incubator process seems quite confusing - I need to have a person
(or persons) from the Apache foundation to help me write a proposal -
but where do I find those persons?

What about the Apache XML project - is it still active, or deprecated by
the incubator?

Any help will be most appreciated.

Cheers,

                Yoav.