incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Automated Release Audit Reports [Re: Release Audit Report 2008-01-29]
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 22:37:31 GMT
Hi,

On Jan 30, 2008 10:29 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
<robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> you probably have noticed a number of emailed audit reports (see
> below). i've been doing some testing (apologies for the SPAM) but
> think that everything's working ok now.
>
> 1. frequency: weekly? biweekly? monthly?

Biweekly or monthly would be better at least IMHO. If it's more often
I'll just start ignoring the messages.

> 2. format: too long? too short?

Too short. Include the details right there in the message instead of
putting them behind a URL. One less click for lazy people like me...

> 3. web page: too concise? too verbose?

Please include checksums or signatures of the release packages. That
way we'll have easier time tracking things if the release artifacts
change for one reason or another.

Also, as a general after-the-fact audit, it would be great if the tool
could do some basic release checks and include the results in the
report. For example verify that all the checksums and signatures
included in the dist directory are correct. It would be even cooler if
there was some way (perhaps with explicit release metadata) that would
link the reported release artifacts to the related vote threads.

BR,

Jukka Zitting