incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <rola...@apache.org>
Subject reviving a failed incubation project (was: moving a failed incubation project)
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2008 21:18:46 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> Normally, I would suggest that if we have people wanting to work on a
> project, that we bring it back to life here.

I'm curious how this is supposed to happen? We recently had
two independent inquiries [1,2] of people wanting to work on
a failed incubator project called Lucene4c.[3] Searching in
the archives uncovers some more. Since I felt that the first
inquiry I noticed didn't get a suitable response, I wrote
up my personal view of the problem.[4] It is rather gloomy,
and nobody here was inclined to share a more positive view.

cheers,
  Roland

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200711.mbox/%3c693442.19748.qm@web94003.mail.in2.yahoo.com%3e
[2]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200712.mbox/%3cb8a413000712282042n387993a2l22663c170549fc34@mail.gmail.com%3e
[3] http://incubator.apache.org/lucene4c/
[4] http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Interested-to-work-on-it%21-p13921486.html
    (mail-archives.apache.org is missing this message)