incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject IP clearance for contributed code
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 16:28:30 GMT
I am performing the IP clearance paperwork for some code from Peter
Kriens. The IP clearance form here:

    http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/ip-clearance-template.html

Asks me to fill in the date for:

    Check and make sure that the files that have been donated have been
updated to reflect the new ASF copyright.

The donated code currently does not have ASF copyright, it has Peter's
copyright. Is the implication here that Peter is supposed to change the
copyright on all source files? I assumed that we would just modify the
source files to have the proper header as part of bringing them into our
repo, but this implies that this must be done beforehand.

Which is the case?

Thanks.

-> richard