incubator-general mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching ...@ops.co.at>
Subject Policy re importing non-APL source into apache svn
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:42:33 GMT
Hi,

Sorry for this simple question, but I cannot find an answer on the
incubator site pages.

Is a project under incubation allowed to import its existing sources
(not under the Apache license) into the Apache svn?
And after graduation from the incubator, is it ok for the svn history to
still show those old non-apl files in the history?

In particular, the jspwiki project is at the moment working on getting
its existing code (which is LGPL) into the apache svn repo before
starting its relicense/repackaging process.

I hope the answer is simply "yes". It is nice to be able to see the
complete history of any file, even before its move to Apache. However
this does mean that non-apl source can be downloaded via the apache svn
server which seems a little odd.

Thanks,
Simon