incubator-general mailing list archives

From Endre StĂžlsvik <En...@stolsvik.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] BlueSky Proposal
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2008 12:08:45 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Friday 04 January 2008 11:22, Bozhong Lin wrote:
>> If Apache could help this first Chinese-initiated project
>> into incubation, this will stimulate  lot of enthusiasms in talented
>> Chinese developer community and many great Chinese-initiated projects could
>> come to Apache community. With fast IT technology growth in China, it would
>> be wise for Apache to engage Chinese developer community from perspectives
>> of users and contributers.
>
> This sound like politics and won't impress people around here. I live in
> Malaysia, and understand this kind of reasoning, but your regular guy/gal in
> Europe/USA won't.

What _I_ said was that this seems like a good project in itself. That it
will set a precedent, and thereby maybe bootstrap lots of good, CAN be
viewed as an extra incentive to overcome any extra obstacles that will
present themselves due to language and social interaction / cultural
differences, as opposed to incubating a project already led by good
Americans who know the drill, code-of-conduct and last, but biggest, the
language.

Endre, still lurker.

PS: Regarding your above statement: I believe the regular guy/gal in
_Europe_ might..