incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] BlueSky Proposal
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 13:41:15 GMT

On Jan 4, 2008, at 6:15 AM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> On Friday 04 January 2008 11:22, Bozhong Lin wrote:
>> If Apache could help this first Chinese-initiated project
>> into incubation, this will stimulate  lot of enthusiasms in talented
>> Chinese developer community and many great Chinese-initiated
>> projects could
>> come to Apache community. With fast IT technology growth in China,
>> it would
>> be wise for Apache to engage Chinese developer community from
>> perspectives
>> of users and contributers.
> This sound like politics and won't impress people around here. I
> live in
> Malaysia, and understand this kind of reasoning, but your regular
> guy/gal in
> Europe/USA won't.

You are correct IMO, but not because of the prevailing geography of
Apache. I am hoping that nobody will be voting for BlueSky as some
kind of "strategic" move, and things will be judged on merits of the
specific project and the specific community.

Having said that I support BlueSky entry to the incubator and hope
that any possible obstacles will be resolved over the course of

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message