incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] BlueSky Proposal
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 04:15:09 GMT
On Friday 04 January 2008 11:22, Bozhong Lin wrote:
> If Apache could help this first Chinese-initiated project
> into incubation, this will stimulate  lot of enthusiasms in talented
> Chinese developer community and many great Chinese-initiated projects could
> come to Apache community. With fast IT technology growth in China, it would
> be wise for Apache to engage Chinese developer community from perspectives
> of users and contributers.

This sound like politics and won't impress people around here. I live in
Malaysia, and understand this kind of reasoning, but your regular guy/gal in
Europe/USA won't.

Regarding mentor; You need to be on the Incubator PMC to be a mentor. ASF
Members can be that by choice, and the Incubator PMC occassionally invites
dedicated Incubator contributors who are not ASF Members, but it it rare.

I have added myself as a Mentor to assist Aaron in this "east meets west"
project, as I think there will be cultural bridging needed.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er