incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve release Apache UIMA 2.2.1-incubating
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:21:18 GMT
On Dec 17, 2007 11:08 AM, Thilo Goetz <twgoetz@gmx.de> wrote:

> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> > ...Automated reproducible builds (including building distribution
> > archives) are IMHO a must in our way of working.
>
> Absolutely.  Our build is completely automated and reproducible,
> including generating the distribution.  Here's (a slightly simplified
> version of) our build script:...

Ok sorry then, I misunderstood. I thought Marshall was saying that you
added the LICENSE/NOTICE files manually to the distribution archive
(please bear with me, it's Monday morning here ;-)

> ...However, I don't think that addresses your concerns.
> AIUI, you would like our repository to look exactly like
> the source distribution.  Well, it almost is, except for
> the files in the top level directory....

That's ok with me, as the automated build recreates the same
distribution archive if run from the specified SVN tag.

-Bertrand