incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve release Apache UIMA 2.2.1-incubating
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 09:46:13 GMT
On Dec 17, 2007 10:09 AM, Thilo Goetz <twgoetz@gmx.de> wrote:
> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> > Marshall Schor wrote:
> >> We've put the LICENSE, NOTICES, and DISCLAIMERs into the top directory
> >> of the source (and binary) distribution(s), but didn't realize this also
> >> needs to be in the top level of the SVN tag....

> > Your distribution must correspond to subversion, otherwise it's very hard
> > to track the artifacts in the tarball,...

> That's not how I interpret the policy document....

You might be right about the letter of the policy document, but all
kinds of alarms go off in my brain when I see a distribution tarball
that doesn't match the SVN tag that it's built from.

Automated reproducible builds (including building distribution
archives) are IMHO a must in our way of working.

-Bertrand