incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Martijn Dashorst" <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve release Apache UIMA 2.2.1-incubating
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 20:37:11 GMT
On Dec 17, 2007 5:49 PM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:

> Your interpretation works if your subversion repository is not a
> "distribution". IMO, it is and should contain appropriate license/
> notice/disclaimer.

I don't agree with this standpoint as for instance the LICENSE and
DISCLAIMER docs can be automatically included into the correct distribution
location from officially released bundles. This makes much more sense as it
keeps the definition of those documents in one place. This process is
repeatable using maven.
IMO SVN does not have to mirror an unzipped release (there is no policy
directing that, or if there is, please provide a link), as long as it is
reproducible from the release tag.

Martijn

Apache Wicket 1.3.0-rc2 is released
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.3.0-rc1/