incubator-general mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve release Apache UIMA 2.2.1-incubating
Date Sat, 15 Dec 2007 21:21:37 GMT

On Dec 15, 2007, at 1:43 PM, sebb wrote:

> [Eventually found the KEYS file in SVN, but it might be helpful to
> provide a pointer in the vote mails]
>
> The NOTICE file in uimaj-2.2.1-incubating-bin.zip refers to the
> contributions from IBM:
>
> "Software Grant License Agreement", informally known as the
> "IBM UIMA License Agreement".
>
> however, that license is not in LICENSE, nor is it linked from there.

The code covered by that software grant would now be covered by the
Apache License. I would not expect to find the software grant
agreement in the license text/files. Haven't looked into the hash/
checksum issues...

On further review, I am changing my vote to a -1.

The source code in svn (https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/uima/uimaj/tags/uimaj-2.2.1/uimaj-2.2.1-06

) does not contain a LICENSE, NOTICE, and DISCLAIMER file in the top
directory. Refer to http://apache.org/dev/apply-license.html if you
have any questions.

--kevan