incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve release Apache UIMA 2.2.1-incubating
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2007 09:45:53 GMT
Kevan

> Your interpretation works if your subversion repository is not a
> "distribution". IMO, it is and should contain appropriate license/
> notice/disclaimer.
>
> --kevan

Kevan

The SVN tag is only a distribution if it is published as that. The fact that
SVN is available to anyone via HTTP does not make it a "distribution" in
terms of Apache definitions. Otherwise we could never do any work in SVN
unless every single directory has a LICENSE and NOTICE file in it. After all
- any directory in SVN is available to the public. The point of a
distribution is that it is something that is created by a deliberate act and
vote. We haven't been asked to vote on the SVN tag afaik.

So I don't agree with your reading.

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle