incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move Project Yoko to Apache Geronimo and Apache CXF
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 18:12:09 GMT

On Dec 12, 2007, at 3:34 AM, Niall Pemberton wrote:

> On Dec 11, 2007 4:14 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Yoko has done a release before so I would assume that the due-
>> dilligence
>> has been completed.
>
> The Yoko status file has nothing recorded to that effect and it
> doesn't seem right to me to go on assumptions.
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/yoko/trunk/STATUS

The burden of the PMC is not to assume that something was done.

While the PPMC did perform due diligence it was the Incubator PMC that
had the ultimate responsibility to make sure that it was done.  Since
Yoko will be moved to CXF and Geronimo, it is now the responsibility
PMCs of those two projects to make sure that it was done to their
satisfaction since responsibility has now shifted from the Incubator
PMC to CXF and Geronimo PMCs.

More specifically this should be treated code donations, plural
because we have some bits from IONA, Sybase and Trifork, to the
respective projects and the provenance of those donations should be
double checked.

Regards,
Alan