incubator-general mailing list archives

From "t.peng.dev" <t.peng....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] BlueSky Proposal
Date Mon, 24 Dec 2007 10:08:08 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Dec 19, 2007 12:43 AM, Bill Stoddard <bill@wstoddard.com> wrote:
>

>> ...I've updated the BlueSky project proposal.  Ting Peng and Incubator PMC,
>> please review/update as needed and report back any concerns....
>>

> I have two concerns about http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/BlueSky:
>

>> ...weekly development summary on this web site:
>> http://www.p12.edu.cn/ (Currently, only available in mainland of China)...
>>

> I think we need a committment from the BlueSky team that all
> information and artifacts related to the project will be available
> worldwide. I know nothing about how things work in China in this
> respect, but having parts of the project segregated is not acceptable,
> IMHO. That might make some community members second-class citizens if
> they don't have access to everything.

Currently, we have built official site of BlueSky, which is located at
http://202.117.16.176/ .
This website is worldwide available. You are welcomed to visit this website.

>> ...Documentation
>> All in Chinese now...
>>

> In the same vein, we need to make it very clear that all
> project-related communications have to happen in english on the ASF
> mailing lists and websites. I don't think the ASF would be able to
> provide the necessary oversight for anything happening in Chinese,
> just as we don't support other languages at the moment.
>
> Sorry if I sound negative, I agree that the goals of the project are
> important, but I also see a risk of creating a project that might live
> on its own island, with very little ties to the rest of the ASF. I'm
> not saying it's impossible, but IMHO we have to make sure that the
> necessary agreements are in place before going further.

We have already written some documents about project BlueSky. These
includes technical structure,
source code, compiling instructions and screenshots. All of them are in
English. More documents are
in preparing.
> -Bertrand

If anyone has any advice about our project BlueSky, please let us know.
We do need your help.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

--

      Best regards!