incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: freedom to do sane release management (was: Approve release Apache UIMA...)
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 22:34:42 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:
> On Dec 18, 2007, at 11:50 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
>> The bottom line of release management in the ASF.
>>
>> > All artifacts should be generated from the tagged SVN <
>
> That just isn't the bottom line. It's only the bottom line in some
> projects.
>
> The point is that, on the whole, there are many many ways to do really
> good and really dilligent release management, including doing very good
> tracking of everything in version control, yet still do a lot of things
> very differently.

I don't think we disagree all that much, although my point of placing
the LICENSE, COPYRIGHT, NOTICE out front no matter how an individual
chooses to obtain ASF source code still stands :)

Reproduceable as things stood at that time is certainly good enough for
me, and you offer lots of illustrations.  Not reproducible (by forgetting
to tag externals, for example) is usually a bad idea.

Bill