incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] BlueSky Proposal
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 15:21:59 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>>
>> I agree with Bertrand here. This project would, potentially, be
>> interesting to my day job. It is unlikely that I would personally
>> contribute, but it is entirely possible some of the projects here in
>> UK higher education would be interested in the tools in this proposal.
>> Your proposal needs to make it clear that such interested parties can
>> participate as effectively in BlueSky as they can in other similar
>> projects.
>
> I'm confused; folks who don't contribute don't "participate" at least
> in the development here at the ASF.  Those contributions may be meta
> contributions, e.g. code review and high level design, but those still
> represent contributions.

Sorry, let me clarify. I mean it is entirely possible that some of the
projects here in the UK education sector would be interested in
contributing to the development of some of the tools described in this
proposal. However, currently there is no significant documentation (that
I can find) that is in English, thus these people would not be able to
contribute since they would not be able to get it working.

Ross