incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject [DISCUSSION] BlueSky Proposal
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2007 23:43:52 GMT
Incubator PMC,
I've updated the BlueSky project proposal.  Ting Peng and Incubator PMC,
please review/update as needed and report back any concerns.  This is a
work in progress... comments , contributions and clarifications are most
welcome  :-)

http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/BlueSky

Bluesky includes some GPL code taken from mmpeg and wplayer. Removing
these dependencies (or isolating them appropriately) will take quite a
bit of time.  I want to advance this discussion quickly to the point
where we can decide whether, in principle, we want to accept this
project into incubation.  If we think this will make a good ASF project
(and one for which we can provide adequate over-site),  let's encourage
the XJTU team to begin the work on removing the GPL dependencies and
internationalizing the front end.

I'm very interested in this project for a couple of reasons:  First, the
goals of the project, if achieved, will improve the lives of many
people.  Second,  this seems like a great opportunity to build out the
diversity of the ASF.  I am willing to invest a good deal of time to
help make this project successful at the ASF.

Mentors, please sign up :-)

Regards,
Bill Stoddard