incubator-general mailing list archives

From Michael Baessler <...@michael-baessler.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve release Apache UIMA 2.2.1-incubating
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2007 14:12:06 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:
> On Dec 18, 2007, at 12:15 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>> On Dec 18, 2007 10:37 AM, ant elder <ant.elder@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> ...So it is a new requirement and I don't think we should be making
>>> up policy
>>> during a release vote
>
> +1, that's even part of the policy! It is just *so* annoying that this
> keeps happening.
>
>>> like this as it makes it very frustrating for
>>> poddling. How about letting this UIMA release out as-is for now
>>> while we
>>> work this out?...
>
> Yup. It always gets fuzzy when voting and discussion intermix, but I
> do count 3 +1 votes and more +1 votes than -1 votes. That typically
> means the vote passes, so UIMA can release.

Right the vote runs for more than 72 hours and we have 3 +1 votes and
one -1 vote.

The other open issue was the checksum representation for MD5 and SHA1.
The representation can be improved and we will do this for the next release.
(I already opened a JIRA issue for that). It is just open what we have
to do for the current release.

-- Michael