incubator-general mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve release Apache UIMA 2.2.1-incubating
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:47:42 GMT
sebb wrote:
[...]
> Maven can generate the MD5 and SHA1 checksums itself; no need for a
> separate tool.
>
> I'm not familiar with Maven, so I don't know the commands off-hand,
> but I can probably find them.

Maybe it can, but I was unable to figure out how.

We need to create checksums for the artifacts
that fall out of the assembly step, and I don't
think maven supports creating those.

However, Ant can create checksums in the expected
format.  So we can call an Ant task from Maven
to do this.

For the purposes of this vote, would it be ok to
just modify the existing .md5 and .sha1 files?
I would prefer not having to create another release
candidate just for that purpose.

--Thilo