incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve release Apache UIMA 2.2.1-incubating
Date Sun, 16 Dec 2007 04:24:15 GMT
Marshall Schor wrote:
> We've put the LICENSE, NOTICES, and DISCLAIMERs into the top directory
> of the source (and binary) distribution(s), but didn't realize this also
> needs to be in the top level of the SVN tag, because we didn't know that
> was considered part of the "distribution".
>
> Can you please confirm this is the case?  In which case, we'll of course
> comply.

Your distribution must correspond to subversion, otherwise it's very hard
to track the artifacts in the tarball, where they came from, how they
got there, and if they underwent the proper oversight prior to packaging.
(Yes, we vote on the prepared tarball, but you can see how discrepancies
do create questions.)