incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve release Apache UIMA 2.2.1-incubating
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2007 14:59:53 GMT
On 18/12/2007, Michael Baessler <mba@michael-baessler.de> wrote:
> Leo Simons wrote:
> >
> > +1, that's even part of the policy! It is just *so* annoying that this
> > keeps happening.

> > Yup. It always gets fuzzy when voting and discussion intermix, but I
> > do count 3 +1 votes and more +1 votes than -1 votes. That typically
> > means the vote passes, so UIMA can release.
> >
> Right the vote runs for more than 72 hours and we have 3 +1 votes and
> one -1 vote.
>
> The other open issue was the checksum representation for MD5 and SHA1.
> The representation can be improved and we will do this for the next release.
> (I already opened a JIRA issue for that). It is just open what we have
> to do for the current release.

I've created reformatted versions for the src and bin archives in:

http://people.apache.org/~sebb/UIMA/

in case that helps.

I've not fixed the Maven hashes.

I don't know whether the Maven hash-checking can cope with the format
or not - and does it ignore hash files with incorrect format or what?
If it does not handle the format properly, this could cause download
problems.