incubator-general mailing list archives

From Lawrence Mandel <lman...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject [results] Woden Graduation from Incubation Committer Vote
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 15:50:23 GMT
I'd like to inform the general Apache Incubator community that Woden has
started the graduation process. Woden recently held a committer vote to
determine whether the project was ready for graduation. The results
(detailed in the e-mail below) were a resounding 8 +1 votes and no -1
votes.

As Woden is set to graduate into the Web Services project as a subproject
the next step is for the WS PMC to decide whether they will accept Woden
as a subproject. I've requested a vote on the WS PMC list. I will share
the results of the WS PMC vote once they're in and hope to be in a
position to call for a graduation vote on the general@incubator mailing
list shortly.

Thanks,

Lawrence

----- Forwarded by Lawrence Mandel/Toronto/IBM on 11/26/2007 09:20 PM
-----

Lawrence Mandel/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
11/26/2007 08:32 PM
Please respond to
woden-dev@ws.apache.org

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc
dims@apache.org, paul@wso2.com, sanjiva@opensource.lk
Subject
[results] Woden Graduation from Incubation Committer Vote

The results from the Woden Graduation from Incubation committer vote are
in. Woden received eight +1 votes and no -1 votes from the following
people:

Paul Fremantle (mentor)
Chathura Herath
Jeremy Hughes
John Kaputin
Lawrence Mandel
Arthur Ryman
Davanum 'Dims' Srinivas (mentor)
Sanjiva Weerawarana (mentor)

Next I'll ask the WS PMC to vote and inform the general@incubator list of
our progress.

Lawrence

----- Forwarded by Lawrence Mandel/Toronto/IBM on 11/26/2007 08:27 PM
-----

Lawrence Mandel/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
11/20/2007 07:04 PM
Please respond to
woden-dev@ws.apache.org

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc
dims@apache.org, paul@wso2.com, sanjiva@opensource.lk
Subject
[vote] Woden Graduation from Incubation

Woden team, as discussed on today's status call, the time has come to
propose graduation from the Apache Incubator [1] to the Apache Web
Services project [2]. All of the graduation prerequisite items have been
completed (see the Woden status file [3]) and Woden has been functioning
as an Apache project following the Apache way for some time.

Here's how the graduation process will proceed according to the Apache
Incubator guidelines for graduating to a subproject [4]:

1. A vote is held for the Woden committers to decide whether we think the
project is ready for graduation. This vote will be held on woden-dev at
ws.apache.org.
2. A vote is held with the Apache Web Services PMC to decide whether they
will accept Woden as a Web Services subproject. this vote will be held on
pmc at ws.apache.org.
3. A vote is held for the Incubator PMC to decide whether the Incubator
project will sign off on the graduation proposal. This vote will be held
on general at incubator.apache.org.

This e-mail is a call for step 1, the Woden committers vote. Unlike a
release vote, this vote does not have to do with a code deliverable but
rather is concerned with the way in which Woden is managed, run, and
developed. The Woden status file [3] contains many questions that we've
all worked to address since entering the incubator. At it simplest, the
question is - does Woden exemplify the Apache Way [5]?

Woden committers - Please cast your vote on woden-dev by Friday, November
23, 2007.

(*Note that while binding votes are restricted to Woden committers anyone
is welcome to voice their opinion.)

Here's my +1 and my congratulations to everyone for working to get Woden
into shape for graduation.

Lawrence

[1]http://incubator.apache.org
[2]http://ws.apache.org