incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Allow podling members to set up their own infra
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2007 18:29:44 GMT
> Since there has been no discussion, and this is a change to policy

Discussion to what?  I see the RAT set up thread, but there was no
discussion of a general policy change.  Robert said that "infrastructure
approval should probably rest with the IPMC in general rather than the
mentors specifically", and you wondered why he wasn't a Mentor.

> I'd like to formally propose adopting the policy change in
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INCUBATOR-71

-1 on the grounds that some degree of decentralization is desirable, but
infrastructure changes should be effected under the auspices of the PMC,
as noted by Robert.  Mentors are PMC members.

	--- Noel