incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Community diversity: current concerns and suggestions for improvement
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2007 21:46:34 GMT

> Btw would people have interest in a small script that would analyze a
> given
> project history and give stats on commits and who committed? I've built
> something similar for infra [1] and such reports could be useful to the
> IPMC
> when a podling starts talking about graduation. I'm not sure how far we
> want
> to push the "policing" side of it though.

Matthieu

While I like the idea of this script for my own pleasure, I'm not sure that
it encourages the right view of the incubator or any Apache project, so I
would not personally like to see those kind of statistics used as part of
graduation.

Let me give an example. I am a keen participant in Apache Synapse. But I
know if you ran your script, I would come out as a low-level committer. But
I honestly don't think that would be a fair representation of my
participation, commitment, or willingness to devote more time if needed.

Paul