incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: RAT doesn't recognize CHANGES file
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2007 13:48:57 GMT

On Nov 16, 2007, at 5:40 AM, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:

> On Nov 16, 2007 2:36 PM, Craig L Russell <Craig.Russell@sun.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Would it be reasonable to expect that a file called CHANGES contains
>> implied content?
>
> I do not know what you mean by "implied"

I meant that CHANGES can be assumed to be a text file containing a
list of changes from previous releases.

> , but in the most cases I am aware of, the CHANGES file is
> typically something on which RAT should not have any assumptions.

And I think that RAT should assume that there is no IP contained
therein and mark it as a notice type, as in:

N 1.0.1-RC5a/distribution/src/main/release/CHANGES

> IMO, this is something for which the project administrator should
> configure an exception.

I don't know what configuring an exception means...

Regards,

Craig