incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Luciano Resende" <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Projects in trouble or otherwise needing help
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 17:00:49 GMT
My 0.02$ as well...

Gilles's suggestion is a good one to try. In addition to that, I took
a quick look at the XAP mailing list, and I guess that, Instead of
creating tons of JIRAS, the committers could start sending a short
e-mail describing the problem, or describing a new feature ? As a
user, a descriptive e-mail would probably catch my attention much
easier then a JIRA, and after you have the user attention, it's much
easier to have the user engage on the discussion.

Also, advertise, advertise, advertise... with blog, articles, posts on
sites like serverside, infoQ, etc

>It would help me if someone could help me understand how to make XAP
>more appealing and interesting to the Apache community. Is the problem
>that there are no good samples and demos? The website isn't good?
>Nobody understands what the point is?

Well, from a quick look, website, samples, etc looks good and interesting.

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer