incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Community diversity: current concerns and suggestions for improvement
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2007 19:09:38 GMT
On Nov 20, 2007 9:14 PM, Eelco Hillenius <eelco.hillenius@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I would agree with reviewing committers at graduation, but how do we
> > implement that?
>
> I would say that this depends on the judgment of the mentors, and it
> is probably more important to evaluate the role they would be playing
> in the project once it is over to Apache, than what happened before
> entering incubation.
>
> > Would you kick out people during graduation, if they don't show
> > sufficient merit?
>
> I don't think you can make rules for that. Imho it's simple. The
> project has to prove it can behave the Apache way, and the project's
> members are responsible for this. People not functioning well in a
> project can be a reason to reject incubation, so the members better
> make sure that doesn't happen.
>
> > Or re-elect all committers before graduation?
>
> That might be a good idea actually.

Ask people to self nominate - I imagine often inactive commiters won't
put themselves forward, removing any issue. Then maybe a review of the
list by the the mentors and proposed PMC Chair. If there are issues it
can be discussed in the community and if theres disagreement then
vote. I imagine most of the time it won't come to voting.

Niall