incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Allow podling members to set up their own infra
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2007 11:51:31 GMT
Hi,

On Nov 22, 2007 3:03 AM, Craig L Russell <Craig.Russell@sun.com> wrote:
> Since there has been no discussion, and this is a change to policy,
> I'd like to formally propose adopting the policy change in https://
> issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INCUBATOR-71

-0

I think it's valuable to document who can do what, but I feel we are
going too far towards micromanaging things with this. On a policy
level I'd only say that the podling infrastructure should be set up
once the podling has been accepted, but leave the who, how, and what
as an implementation detail.

It's still good to have documentation describing how these things
happen within the ASF, but as an IPMC member I'm not really interested
in who sets up the infrastucture as long as it gets done.

BR,

Jukka Zitting