incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Mail list ppmcs@
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 21:36:11 GMT
Yoav Shapira wrote:

> Have we ever had a use-case for that list, besides the recent endeavor
> you (Bertrand) and I have been doing?  I don't want to have another
> list only for use once in three years ;)

Recent examples include PRC instructions on website contents (sponsorship),
offers and invites that aren't targeted to the general public but are of
broad interest to many PMCs, and going a ways back, the actual migration
of pmc/ppmc -> private.

Rare, yes.  Unheard of?  No.

Does a meta podlings-private@incubator.apache.org make more sense for this
sort of traffic?  (an aggregation of everyone sub'ed to a project-private
list, automerged much like the committers@ manditory subscription list.)

This would be a way to communicate without additional noise on general@,
which is ignored by WAY too many incubator-people.

Bill