incubator-general mailing list archives

From Siegfried Goeschl <siegfried.goes...@it20one.at>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] PDFBox proposal
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 10:37:57 GMT
Hi folks,

for creating PDF you have many options and I'm not sure if creating PDF
using a programmatic API is the best appraoch. But where PDFBox really
shines is the fact that you can extract the textual content of a PDF
document thereby making it accessible for fulltext search within the
WIKI. Therefore I used a combination of PDFBox and iText for a PDF
handling service ....

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl