incubator-general mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Projects in trouble or otherwise needing help
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 14:43:58 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>> It appears that we have a number of projects to discuss:
>>
>>   NMaven - mailing list shows steady activity.
>>   XAP - mailing lists show almost no discussion, mostly JIRA issues and
>> commits
>>   WSRP4J - burst of activity during the Summer, nothing since.
>>
>> The issues do not appear to be the same in all cases.  I had to review the
>> archives, since there were no board reports.
>>
> I still think we should close WSRP4J and afaik it's an open issue at the
> portals project.

Talking briefly with Ate about wsrp4j, the main/real problem is the
still pending license issue which prevents getting wsrp4j getting out of
the incubator for years now. So seeing wsrp4j in this light, I think it
makes sense to first try to resolve this issue and perhaps, once this is
resolved it reveals that wsrp4j is an interesting project and we don't
have to close it. So this is something the portals pmc has to deal with.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org