incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject [VOTE] Approve release CXF 2.0.3-incubator
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2007 02:23:04 GMT

We held a vote on cxf-dev@incubator.apache.org to publish a new patch
release of Apache CXF.    This release is mostly a patch release to fix
problems and issues (82 JIRA items resolved) that users have encountered
in the 2.0.2-incubator
release.

From an IPMC review standpoint, the major changes are:
1) Upgraded to newer versions of a couple libs.   No license changes or
anything.

2) The NOTICE file has a new format.   We upgraded to newer versions of
the remote-resources stuff that allows a much more organized and easier
to follow NOTICE files.   The information is all the same, just clearer.

For a full list of the issues, see:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12312800&styleName=Text&projectId=12310511&Create=Create

The staging area is at:
http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage_cxf/2.0.3-incubator-take1/

The distributions are in the "dist" directory. The "maven" directory
contains the stuff that will by pushed to the m2-incubating-repository.

This release is tagged at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/tags/cxf-2.0.3-incubator/

I've also created a list of the "!????" files from rat and categoriezed
them.   This is checked into SVN along with the tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/tags/cxf-2.0.3-incubator/etc/rat.unknowns.txt

The vote on cxf-dev resulting in 15 +1 votes:
+1 IPMC: 2   (jim, jgenender)
+1 committers:  12 (dkulp, bmargulies, wjiang, gmazza, blin, ffang, jmao,
jliu, jma, ubhole, gnodet, apaibir, ddiephouse)
No 0 or -1 votes.

Vote thread:
http://www.nabble.com/-VOTE--Release-CXF-2.0.3-incubator-tf4760901.html

This vote will remain open for at least 72 hours.  (probably longer due
to travelling to ApacheCon, see you all there!)

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer