incubator-general mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Java Jabber Server
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 15:43:38 GMT
"Petar Tahchiev" <paranoiabla.lists@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi guys,
>
> today I was looking for a Jabber server implemented entirely in Java,
> and the only results
> that I got was this:
>
> ---(free)---
> http://www.codecobra.com/chime/
> http://www.open-im.net/

OpenIM was originally developed using Apache Avalon containers and now
uses Plexus (which is entering incubation).  The developer, alag, was
a regular on the mailing lists at the time.  I'm not sure how active
the project is today (looks like it's moved to Codehaus).  It's under
the MIT license.

And while I haven't used this particular feature of ActiveMQ, it does
advertise XMPP support:

  http://activemq.apache.org/xmpp.html

--
  J Aaron Farr     jadetower.com        [US] +1 724-964-4515
    馮傑仁          cubiclemuses.com     [HK] +852 8123-7905