incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject Re: Graduation: how do we check "three or more independent committers" ?
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2007 14:11:21 GMT
On 10/16/07, Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/13/07, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
> > Do we have a solid process for checking this?
> >
> > I'm not sure we do - each project's status page (like [1] for example)
> > contains the "Are there three or more independent committers?"
> > question, but unless I'm missing something we don't have a defined way
> > of checking this.
> >
> > The simplest way to fix this might be to include, in the graduation
> > vote requests, the list of active committers and affiliations, so that
> > people can check it if they want.
>
> sounds like a reasonable approach

As I mentioned in another thread I'm not so big on this rule. Having a fixed
number is IMHO a bit too rigid. Do we forbid graduation for a project with 4
active committers among which 2 are in the same company? How the project
deals with its governance (are the independent committers opinion taken into
account? are they ignored?) is, I think, more important. Am I the only one
to think that way?

That being said, having the list of active committers with affiliations in
the graduation vote request would be helpful.

Cheers,
Matthieu

- robert