incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Diversity requirement
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 08:42:33 GMT

> ...the more important issue is the Incubator PMC's
> understanding of the community as they've conducted themselves and the
> iPMC's collective view on the project's viability going forward....

Agreed, but currently as an IPMC member I have a hard time keeping up
with all projects.

So I think this comes back, as already suggested, to having some form
of mentors "report on community diversity" when the time comes to
graduate. The mentors are in the best position to get a feel for the
actual diversity, based on the indicators defined in [1], which I
agree is basically fine.

Another thing that worries me a bit is projects coming in with a large
(N=more than 3 or 5?) number of committers from the same organization,
especially people who have no previous Apache or open source committer
experience. Do we want to set a limit on N, to give the project more
chances to reach the necessary diversity?

-Bertrand

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#community