incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Diversity requirement
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 06:22:58 GMT
> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> > My feeling is that the Incubator PMC needs to clarify our diversity
> > requirements, so waiting a bit is probably a good thing.
>
> "Our" being whom?  The ASF as a whole is what I hope the answer is, since otherwise
> it would be some artificial Incubation requirement, and that wasn't the intent....

Agred, community diversity is an ASF-wide issue, not only an Incubator concern.

But, as there have been some constructive discussions about it here
recently, we might want to get the ball rolling by submitting some
concrete ideas to the ASF membership?

If we agree on that, I'll start a thread here to discuss a set of
guidelines about how we define and handle diversity.

-Bertrand