incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Graduation: how do we check "three or more independent committers" ?
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 06:42:00 GMT

> ...Is there some
> consensus that affiliation is project-specific, such that a committer
> can be independent on project A while working on another project B
> as their "day job"?...

I agree with that.

To expose committers affiliations before graduation, I suggest the
following questions:

a) What are your company affiliations?

b) Does your activity in the project depend on being paid by those companies?

c) If yes, to what extent (along the lines of Matt's "more than 4
hours a workday" threshold)?

d) Which other committers do you have a "backchannel" with, i.e. who
do you regularly talk to outside of the project's mailing lists?

I think d) is also an important measure of independence, as it's hard
for people who meet for coffee every day to restate on the public
lists everything that happens on their backchannel.

-Bertrand