incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <>
Subject Plan for relocating releases [WAS Re: [VOTE][policy] Release Distribution Directory]
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 17:02:54 GMT
On 10/9/07, Justin Erenkrantz <> wrote:
> On Oct 8, 2007 10:14 AM, Robert Burrell Donkin
> <> wrote:
> > AIUI most current releases are store elsewhere. i'm willing to perform
> > the necessary rationalisation work.
> Thanks for volunteering!
> When you do this, please coordinate with Joe and the rest of
> infrastructure team as placing a bunch of new files in dist should be
> phased in gradually over a few days to not strangle the mirrors.  IOW,
> don't add 3GB out to /dist in a day.  =P

will do

AFACT there are releases all over the place so the first job needs to
be conducting an audit

> Also note the policy is that only 'current' releases should be
> mirrored - all older releases should get directly injected into
>  This'll probably make the rationalization work a
> bit tougher though - sorry.  =(

i was considering moving all incubator releases directly into the
archives and just mirroring new ones. that will allow me just to add a
top level set of redirects. this won't be any worse bandwidth-wise
than the current situation (since none are currently mirrored).

but i'll talk all this over with infrastruucture before acting

> Thanks!  I'll buy you a round of $FAV_BEV at the next AC.  =)  -- justin

only if you promise to keep me away from the dock ;-)

- robert

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message