incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How strict should podling release reviews be?
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 21:38:00 GMT
> > i'm thinking more of a benevolent educator than traffic warden
> > style reviewer role.
>
> When it comes to legal issues related to a release, the warden role is the
> more appropriate.  It benefits neither the project nor the ASF if we are lax
> in that regard.
>
> Some of the things that they need to do are identified by RAT, and would be
> non-issues if they would correct their build process to do them
> automatically, e.g., inserting the license and disclaimer files where they
> are supposed to go.

i do believe that there's a definite problem here. there's too much
energy wasted by everyone.

the IPMC cannot actively oversee the code bases without automation.
so, the only real oversight happens at release time. this is bad for
everyone. really, we need to automatically scan and analyse the
incubator codebases.

i hope that http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/RatProposal may help

- robert