incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Graduate Tuscany as a top level project
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 13:37:35 GMT
Matthieu Riou wrote:

> they did welcome enough independent committers while being in the
> incubator

> Attracting a large quantity of independent developers while being
> in the incubator is pretty hard

Yes, but it seems to be emerging that there *were* more independents, and
they have left to work actively elsewhere (as indicated by Jim Marino for
BEA).  Is this an indicator that the community wasn't able to embrace the
interests of more than one vendor?  Since SCA is a standard, why was there a
need to fork the implementation?

	--- Noel

P.S.  I've removed [VOTE], since Ant indicates that the vote is being tabled
for now.