incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate Tuscany as a top level project
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:02:06 GMT
On Oct 15, 2007, at 8:02 PM, Paul Fremantle wrote:

> Jeremy
>
>  Neither of the two independents
>> are active in the core project areas of Java SCA or SDO (they are
>> committing to the C++ implementation or to DAS).
>

> Is it stated somewhere that the Java SCA/SDO components are "core"
> compared
> to C++ and DAS?

s/core/most active/
I still find it odd that Tuscany is aiming for graduation when in the
two most active sections of the project there are no active
independents.

> Taking a quick sample of the mailing list, the only contributors to
>> the discussion thread on Graduation, which I would assume would have
>> been a hot topic, were from the vendor.
>

> I remember contributing to discussion on Graduation. Maybe you
> don't count
> me? I know I'm an ex-corporate but then so are you!

I was thinking primarily of people who were on the TLP PMC proposal.
But yes, you and Matthew did help draft that proposal. As the
diversity sub-thread was taken to the private list (which is kind of
ironic in itself) there may also have been some discussion there I
missed as well.

As a mentor you are much closer to the project than I am - why do you
think Tuscany is ready to graduate with such a skewed PMC and
committer base?

--
Jeremy