incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate Tuscany as a top level project
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 13:00:52 GMT

On Oct 15, 2007, at 12:06 PM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> Noel
>
> I've expressed some concern before about diversity and independence
> [1]. At the time, 11 out of 12 members proposed for the TLP's PMC
> worked for a single organization. Since then, a couple more people
> have been added but the ratio is still 13 out of 16. Yes, there are
> 3 organizations represented but control still lies with one bloc.

FWIW, if I were a Mentor, I would not be of the mind to
approve graduation. CXF, a podling of which I am a Mentor, is
in a very, very similar position, and I will continue to
lobby against its graduation until there is more diversity.

IMO, this is a key aspect of Mentorship: looking beyond the
simple numbers and seeing how much diversity there really
is.

I have not yet cast my vote for Tuscany graduation yet, but I
am leaning towards a -1...