incubator-general mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Graduation: how do we check "three or more independent committers" ?
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2007 19:31:55 GMT
Not to go down a rat hole but I think that clarifying the
affiliations needs some refinement.  On Apache Geronimo we have a few
committers that work for IBM but their participation is not part of
their day job.  Would the committer in question for this situation
state that they are independent?  I'm looking for clarification as I
expect that this same situation may exist for other incubator
projects and like Matthieu I would be concerned about creating a set
of hard rules where what I think we're looking for is project
independence based on individual merit and contribution.