incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept Composer in the Incubator
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 20:55:14 GMT

On 22 Oct 07, at 10:36 AM 22 Oct 07, Jim Jagielski wrote:

>> On Oct 22, 2007, at 12:13 AM, Jason van Zyl wrote:
>>
>>> Plexus has 17 Apache committers, Pico has 4 so most of the
>>> participants are already familiar with projects here.
>>>

> But not all favorably it appears...

I don't think anyone was particularly happy about the outcome of the
Avalon project, that quote is probably 4 years old now, and no one is
obliged to like everything at Apache. There are lots of things I
like, and there are things I don't like. The overriding obligation
and responsibility of anyone who has a project here, or wants to put
one here, is to make an earnest attempt to improve Apache. There is
no one on the list of people in the proposal who thinks otherwise.

Was there a particular response you were trying to illicit with that
quote? Paul is on vacation, getting drunk, but I'm sure he would
respond in the same fashion. I don't think anyone was particularly
happy with the outcome of Avalon. Such is life, life goes on, and
this is where we are trying to reintegrate this stuff back into Apache.

> "It is also worth noting that Paul got drunk with Aslak
> to start PicoContainer on the day a world class coder
> was effectively expelled from Apache. He voted against
> that action and won't go into details, but believes that
> it was wrong."
>
>>> [ ] +1 Accept Composer project for incubation
>>> [ ] 0 Don't care
>>> [ ] -1 Reject for the following reason :
>>>

> 0

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl