incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept Composer in the Incubator
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 18:40:16 GMT

On Oct 23, 2007, at 2:30 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> On 23 Oct 07, at 5:46 AM 23 Oct 07, Jim Jagielski wrote:

>>> Was there a particular response you were trying to illicit with
>>> that quote?
>>>

>> Yes. It's called knowledge and background.
>>

> What do you want to know? And I can provide any background you feel
> people should know about.
>
> You can't honestly expect to gather a whole lot from a cheeky
> remark uttered 4 years ago.

It's really not all that; I'm not sure what you're getting at.
The proposal makes note of the fact that several people are Apache
committers. Sometimes, people involved in Incubator podlings need
to make tough choices and decisions (like whether to tank it
or not should that ever happen), and so any background which
is appropriate to that discussion should be brought up and out
at the start, rather than it being a potential issue latter
on.