incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Bernd Fondermann" <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Java Jabber Server
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 06:00:33 GMT
On 10/30/07, Deepal jayasinghe <deepalk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Petar Tahchiev wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > today I was looking for a Jabber server implemented entirely in Java,
> > and the only results
> > that I got was this:
> >
> > ---(free)---
> > http://www.codecobra.com/chime/
> > http://www.open-im.net/
> > http://www.tigase.org/
> > http://www.igniterealtime.org/projects/openfire/index.jsp
> >
> > ----(commercial)---
> > http://www.adobe.com/special/antepo/?products.opnserver (no longer
> > available - bought by Adobe)
> >
> > Does anyone (besides me) think that we can build something better?
> >
> > Waiting for your suggestions.
> >
> I also like to contribute to this , if you are going to implement.
> sometimes ago I wanted to build a Jabber (XMPP) implementation based
> Stax implementation. May be this is a good chance for that.

I'd like to invite you to contribute to Apache Lab Vysper. I had to
implement (reinvent) a XML streaming parser, because those available
didn't quite fit (for various reasons). But that's probably due to my
lack of expertise in this field. There is still high need for a 'real'
XML parser. So, if you have some cycles to spare, help out there.

Thanks,

  Bernd