incubator-general mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Graduation: how do we check "three or more independent committers" ?
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 15:38:49 GMT
Roland Weber wrote:
> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
[...]
>> c) If yes, to what extent (along the lines of Matt's "more than 4
>> hours a workday" threshold)?
>
> 4 hours a day sounds like a very high threshold to me. I'm active
> on my private time, and I often can't spend 4 hours a week.

FWIW, it's not clear to me at which point of a committer's
involvement on a podling should this rule apply. When they
are voted in? Just prior to graduation? Or is it meant to
be an average over their entire participation (IMO, this
would be more fair than either of the other two options
but probably impractical to calculate with much accuracy).

People's schedules change over time. There might be committers
who initially get involved on their own only to be moved into
a part time or even full time role working on the project by
their employer, and the other way around.

Martin