incubator-general mailing list archives

From Simon Nash <n...@hursley.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate Tuscany as a top level project
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2007 23:04:23 GMT

Luciano Resende wrote:

> "...establish a Project Management Committee charged with the
> creation and maintenance of open-source software for distribution
> at no charge to the public, that simplifies the development,
> deployment and management of distributed applications built as
> compositions of service components, where the components may be written
> using any of a wide range of programming languages and where the
> components can be connected using any of a wide range of communication
> technologies. This software will implement relevant open standards
> including, but not limited to, the SCA and SDO standards defined by the
> OASIS OpenCSA member section."
>
>>>From the paragraph above, should we use "...where the components may
> be written using any of a wide range of  technologies..." to allow for
> script/dynamic languages, and other technologies such as BPEL, etc ?

I think changing "programming languages" to "technologies" is an improvement.
This language would also encompass declarative components like XQuery.

I wonder if we could shorten this just a little.  How about:

"...establish a Project Management Committee charged with the creation
and maintenance of open-source software for distribution at no charge
to the public, that simplifies the development, deployment and management
of distributed applications built as compositions of service components.
These components may be implemented with a range of technologies and
connected using a variety of communication protocols. This software will
implement relevant open standards including, but not limited to, the
SCA and SDO standards defined by the OASIS OpenCSA member section."

   Simon