incubator-general mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] graduate stdcxx to TLP
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2007 01:29:00 GMT
Thank you all for your comments. I assume everyone's questions
so far have been satisfactorily answered and concerns addressed.
Below is the resolution updated as Bill suggested. In the absence
of further discussion I plan to close the vote at the end of the
business day tomorrow (US/Mountain time).

Martin

Establish the Apache C++ Standard Library project:

    WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests
    of the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to
    establish a Project, to be known as "Apache C++ Standard Library",
    also known by the abbreviation Apache stdcxx, a portable
    implementation of the C++ Standard library as specified in ISO/IEC
    14882, International Standard for Programming Languages -- C++,
    for distribution at no charge to the public.

    NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee
    (PMC), to be known as the Apache C++ Standard Library Project
    Management Committee, is hereby established pursuant to Bylaws of
    the Foundation; and be it further

    RESOLVED, that the Apache C++ Standard Library PMC be and hereby
    is charged with the creation and maintenance of "Apache C++
    Standard Library"; and be it further

    RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache C++ Standard
    Library" be and hereby is created, the person holding such office
    to serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
    of the Apache C++ Standard Library PMC, and to have primary
    responsibility for management of the projects within the scope
    of responsibility of the Apache C++ Standard Library PMC; and be
    it further

    RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby
    are appointed to serve as the initial members of the Apache C++
    Standard Library PMC:

    *  Andrew Black <ablack@apache.org>
    *  Anton Pevtsov <apevtsov@apache.org>
    *  Amit Jindal <ajindal@apache.org>
    *  Eric Lemings <elemings@apache.org>
    *  Heidi Buelow <hbuelow@apache.org>
    *  Farid Zaripov <faridz@apache.org>
    *  Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkrantz@apache.org>
    *  Liviu Nicoara <lnicoara@apache.org>
    *  Mark Brown <mbrown@apache.org>
    *  Martin Sebor <sebor@apache.org>
    *  Tim Triemstra <ttriemstra@apache.org>
    *  William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@apache.org>

    NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Martin Sebor be
    appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache C++ Standard
    Library, to serve in accordance with and subject to the direction
    of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
    death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
    or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

    RESOLVED, that the Apache C++ Standard Library Project be and
    hereby is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the
    Apache C++ Standard Library podling; and be it further

    C++ Standard Library podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
    PMC are hereafter discharged.